Rude and in the News
by HRIT Staff on June 17, 2011
Oh dear. According to new research from the University of Amsterdam, that boorish business behavior you hate also helps those rudesters get ahead.
As the Wall Street Journal reported, stepping on the little people creates the impression of power and importance. At least there's the possibility of revenge: that peon you tortured could one day be your boss! Think about it, rudesters.
by HRIT Staff on June 08, 2011
Alamo Drafthouse has earned a place in the HRIT Hall of Fame with their ingenious handling of world-class rudeness.
After two warnings about texting during a movie, the independent cinema lived up to their no-phone policy, and asked the rude patron to leave. This prompted her to leave an angry, profanity filled voicemail for the theater's staff. Clever CEO Tim League saw the woman's rude (and rather inane) rant as the perfect way to reinforce their policy -- and used it to create a pre-movie PSA that's now making the Alamo Drafthouse famous around the web!
Go, Alamo Drafthouse! We love to see a rudester hoisted by her own petard.
by HRIT Staff on May 23, 2011
The ex-boyfriend whose behavior made singer Adele's life "a misery" may have just jumped to the top of the line of all-time rudesters.
Unable to ignore the international success of his former girlfriend, the cad now claims that he deserves a share of the income from her first album. His reasoning? Since her songs of heartbreak were undoubtedly inspired by his bad-boyfriend behavior, she owes him payment for his valuable contributions to her success. Naturally, we think, "How rude is that?" -- but, at least this time we're confident Adele's getting her much-deserved last laugh.
Bonus: click here to read about Adele and 13 other artists who got their revenge on the ones that done them wrong with big hit singles.
by HRIT Staff on May 12, 2011
Extreme rudeness has always been a key attention-grabbing tactic for Glenn Beck. So, normally his antics don't shock people too much any more. Plus, he's been apparently been fired by Fox, so one can only imagine he's scrambling for ways to get more mindshare on the internets in preparation for his next ... whatever. Even so, his latest display of poor form -- mocking Meghan McCain by pretending vomit repeatedly at the mention of her name -- hits a new low.
And why was Beck even discussing Ms. McCain? Because of her public service announcement about skin cancer, in which she and several other young budding celebrities appear "naked" (not really -- not even close -- see image from actual PSA below) to make the point that going out without sunscreen in summer is like being naked, i.e., unprotected from skin cancer. Both of McCain's parents have battled the deadly disease.
Yep, a mean-spirited, disgusting mocking of McCain was definitely in order (if being as rude as possible is a personal goal, as it appears to be for Beck). How rude is that?
by Miss Manners Fan on February 13, 2011
Today's victim? An accountant's (mysteriously) loyal client, back for her annual tax appointment. Not only did this accountant mistakenly congratulate this poor client on her non-existent pregnancy, but also blundered along with unsolicited input about proper hydration and doctor visits.
If there is one thing that is absolutely irrefutable, it is this: "when are you due?" is never a question you should ever, ever, EVER ask a woman unless and until she has told you herself she is pregnant.
- Mistakes on a Plane: Duhamel
- Great Googly Moogly ... That's Rude
- Automated Rudeness: the Holiday Edition
- More People Behaving Badly
- Ticketing "Over-age" Trick-or-Treaters: Rude or Right?
- Back in My Day, We Were Lucky to Have...Me
- Class Diss-missed!
- Success Not Enough for Shia LowBlow?
- Ditching Your Book Tour? Stay Off Twitter!
- Meg Whitman: Two Cities, One Insult
- Apple Computer: "Leave Us Alone"
- Too Lazy to Lift a Middle Finger? Now There's Automated Rudeness
- Civil Servants: You Get What You Pay For
- Katy Perry: Famous, Pretty, and Pretty Rude
- Pretty Soon, We'll Need a Separate Bieber Behaving Badly Site
- Fighting Rudeness with More Rudeness?
- Justin Bieber: Baby Rudester?
- People Behaving Badly
- Doin' the Ivy League Proud!
- Celebrity Rudeness: Bieber Tweets Crazed Fan's Deets
- Please Remain Seated Until the Flight Attendant Goes Off
- Unsolicited Celebrity Advice Department: Gisele
- Not Terribly Senatorial
- A Hilarious Look at Facebook Manners
- Fly the Friendly Skies
- Emily Post's "Five Ways to Combat Rudeness"
- Nude Man 1, Mother 0
- Rude Rumble 2010: San Francisco vs Berkeley vs Boulder
- The Rudest Game Yet
- Face to face with rudeness
Your Shopping Cart
Rudeness Quote of the Moment
"Politeness is the art of choosing among one's real thoughts."